Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical
clare at snyder.on.ca clare at snyder.on.ca is offline

Default how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control?

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 17:52:57 -0400, krw wrote:

In article , clare at
snyder.on.ca says...
On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 17:58:50 -0400, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
James Sweet wrote:

snip

Ah crap, I didn't notice the crossposting until now, I won't keep this
thread going beyond this, I thought I was only replying to
sci.electronics.repair which is something that rarely requires air.

Not to sound trollish, but one of my pet peeves is the lack of compressed
air capability in electronics (and formerly computer) repair shops;
cleanliness is next to godliness in equipment maintenance and for shops
not to at least use compressed air to clean dirty customer gear is to me
unconscionable (when needed I would expect hot high-pressure non-ionic
detergent cleaning as well).

Static electricity and electronics don't mix, not to mention breaking
things. Using a compressor to blow out computers may do more harm
than good.

Our regional Tektronix repair depot _routinely_ hot-washed and baked
instruments that were brought in for repair.

Quite a different thing, though I wouldn't do this either, unless the
equipment was made for it.

Low pressure air is standard procedure for cleaning out computers that
are in normal dusty condition, and after fires and disasters,

130PSI @ 10CFM is not "low pressure". I see all sorts of "standard
procedures" go on by monkeys with screwdrivers.

Neaver heard of a pressure regulator, I assume?

computers were routinely cleaned with a type of "dishwasher" with a
speacial cleaner, then vacuum baked dry.

Routinely? Mine never have been. I know the Tek stuff mentioned
earlier is designed not to trap solvents and the gunk they leave
behind.

I said in disaster recovery situations. After a flood or fire, for
instance. Have you ever had a computer go through a fllood or a
fire???

Several customers of mine were in the disaster cleanup business. They
ROUTINLELY clead computers and electronics i this way.
Today's computers ( and almost all consumer electronis) are cheap
enough that replacement is almost as low cost as salvaging.

I'll agree there. If it's going to get that dirty in a couple of
years, perhaps one ought to clean house a little more often. OTOH,
I learned not to put towers directly on the floor. They make good
cat-hair vacuums.

I alwys recommend at least 4 inches off the floor.
Again, you SELECTIVELY read. The "dishwasher" was used for cleanup
after fire and flood damage.

One of the WORST culprits for screwing up electronis today is
CIGARETTE SMOKE.