Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical
krw krw is offline

Default how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control?

In article PwyNi.22$h33.5@trndny02, says...

Static electricity and electronics don't mix, not to mention breaking
things. Using a compressor to blow out computers may do more harm
than good.

I do it all the time, never had an issue with it. One thing I have learned
though is to stay away from optical drives with the air, more than once I've
stirred up dust which settled in and ruined the optics.

I've handled CMOS devices with bare hands/no straps too, but the
plural of anecdote isn't data. The fact is that moving air will get
a charge. If the conditions are right you can zap something.

The other problem with the high pressure/volume of a shop compressor
is physical damage. Unless you're a pig, such things shouldn't be
necessary.

--
Keith