Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Nite-Ize 3-LED Mini-Mag Upgrade

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 16:11:00 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

As I wandered through the sporting good section at Wally World the
other day, I broke down and bought the triple LED adaptor for the 2-AA
Mini-Mag. I installed it today after seeing how much light the
beastie put out. Mastech MS 8209 megamultimeter.

The standard Mini-Mag bulb gives 480 Lux at 1 foot with the focus to
tight beam. The NiteIze adaptor gives 2,160 Lux at 1 foot. I could
see (subjectively) a great diffference quite clearly but the
lightmeter (albeit a fairly cheap one, the MM was only $80 or so) gave
it more objectivity.

It's definitely a good upgrade for $4.82.

Two thumbs up!

Nice to find a product that satisfies.

Lux at 1 foot is relevant if most of your applications are at 1 foot.
It might be a lot less relevant in some other apps. Lumens is lumens,
spread as useful.

Can't argue with $4.82 if it works fer you.