Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Measuring power consumption of immersion heater?

wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm clearly trying to discover whether the power factor I measure is
affected in any way by the electricity network. If you put a purely
resistive load across the supply coming into your house, are you
guaranteed to measure no phase difference between the voltage and the
current? If the phase difference is zero, then the power factor of
your supply is 1.

If the load is resistive there is never any phase difference between current
and voltage it is governed by ohms law..