Posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make itbetter)?

on 10/6/2007 1:45 PM Slacker said the following:
My windshield is fine except in the morning when the dew and sunshine
combine to make it impossible to see due to this naughty spotty on/off film
that I just can't windshield wipe off. Even the mirrors are spotty in the
morning. The rear and side windows are fine.

When I was driving the neighbor's fifteen year old to school yesterday
morning, he said it was the nasty rainx.

I always listen to 15 year olds. After all, they know "Everything". :-)

What rainx? I bought the car used
about six months ago and I never used anything with rain x on the
windshield.

Is rain-x the culprit? If so, how do I save the windshield?
Is there a way to remove this rain x stuff so I can see again?

Rain-X does not damage glass. I have been using it for many years on
many vehicles, on all windows and mirrors.
Have you tried cleaning the glass with a good glass cleaner? How good
are your wipers? What's in your washer fluid cannister?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY