Posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Slacker Slacker is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make it better)?

My windshield is fine except in the morning when the dew and sunshine
combine to make it impossible to see due to this naughty spotty on/off film
that I just can't windshield wipe off. Even the mirrors are spotty in the
morning. The rear and side windows are fine.

When I was driving the neighbor's fifteen year old to school yesterday
morning, he said it was the nasty rainx. What rainx? I bought the car used
about six months ago and I never used anything with rain x on the
windshield.

Is rain-x the culprit? If so, how do I save the windshield?
Is there a way to remove this rain x stuff so I can see again?