Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default how contractors really size aircon

Ashton Crusher wrote:

On 5 Oct 2007 13:00:28 -0400, wrote:

I like the "front door rule" :-)

http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/publicati...9-95/index.htm

Nick

One of the most telling bits of info is the "reasons for oversizing".
The most common reason is because the customer requested it. That
suggests to me that in the real world the Manual J and other "correct"
ways of sizing are too often giving undersized results and the
customers have learned from past experience that they need a bigger
unit then the "experts" tell them they need. Almost every place I've
lived in has had undersized cooling.

Hmmm,
Are you trying to show your fine ignorance?
Deal with competent techs from reputable outfits.
And educate yourself as well.
Quality of work is doing it first time right. Cheap techs, cheap
customers will never get quality. You can interchange words cheap and
ignorance. As a plain consumer, at least I know this much.