Posted to alt.home.repair
thumor thumor is offline

Default Phone wiring

On Sep 28, 2:01 pm, thumor wrote:
Wow, Thanks a lot all of you for sharing valuable info.
To fix myself, I first need to identify the NID ( or SNID ) box.
Rest seems simple re-wiringand I am okay with that.
Thanks again.
Will update same post if I encounter any issues.

Guys, I am back. Took a while to get the time to attend to this.
Found the SNID box. There is one 'huge' black cable going into the
'Phone Company Access' side. There are to little wires coming out -
Blue and White.

On the Customer Access Side, on the left side there are connectors
labled LINE 1 to LINE 6.
The cable going (from the outside of the house) from the SNID and into
the house where I AM getting the dial tone.
This cable has its Red and Green connected to LINE 1. The other two
(Black and Yellow) are unconnected.
Could not locate the lines/ cables that are going into the phone jacks
of the other rooms.
I believe that I would have to 'plug' them into the LINE1 for them to
work. But I cannot locate them.
Some pointers to resolve this would help.
Thanks again.

-----