Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default lawn maintenance?

On Oct 6, 1:06 am, nobody wrote:
Hi All,

I not sure if this is the correct group to put this in, but let me
give this a try an see what you folks think.

It now takes about $30 in gas to fill up my mower. That does not even
take into account maintenance and labor. I was musing that if some
safe chemical could be sprayed on the grounds that would retard grass
growth either partially or completely, it would be worth significant
dollars in savings.

Is anyone currently doing this or is anything like this in the
pipeline?

As most of the others have posted, your best bet is to switch to a
different grass type. Ongoing chemical treatment won't be cheap.

How big is the lawn area?

Depending on where you live you might get a lot of hassle over any
"non traditional" lawn.

I have a friend who rented a hose with 1.5 acre lawn (typical for the
neighborhood & spent $$$'s per month watering having it mowed, just to
landfill the clippings) They wanted to go to pasture or local
wildflower or natives but the owner & the neighbors would have gone
nuts.

Maybe this grass could do the job for you

http://www.wildflowerfarm.com/Mercha...egory_Code =E

cheers
Bob