Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] timbirr@mailcity.com is offline

Default lights fade & pop back on -- Electrical Gurus??

On Oct 6, 5:24 am, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
I agree with John. You didn't mention if the light was controlled by a
switch or dimmer. If it's a dimmer I would check that first, then pretty
much check all connections

Lights on a regular switch. I remember having to make a quirky
installation. The original switch was outside the bathroom, on the
bedroom wall. But the cutout went straight through into the bathroom
and on the bathroom side was covered with a blank faceplate.

So, I removed the wall swtich from the bedroom and put a box in the
other side of the wall and reinstalled the switch so that the light is
now controlled from inside the bathroom..

The liight itself was straightforward swapout.

Of course, since posting this last night, it hasn't dimmed at all last
night or this am....I probably won't get to this until tommorrow. Have
a bunch of kids-sport stuff to dash off to this am (West Coast