Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default help with Speaker wiring...

marco9 wrote:

Hey guys new to the NG, but have been monitoring for a bit. I am in need of
a schematic for a two way floor monitor speaker cabinet....heres the
details.....maybe someone can help!!!

the box contains :

1 - 15 Inch 250W H325 woofer which is 8 Ohm
(Not sure of Brand)
1 - Peizo Tweeter (Horn) Fostex 025H30 also 8 Ohm

Piezo tweeter don't have Ohms ! Are you sure it's a piezo or were you guessing ?

It's NOT a piezo. You can buy spare diaphragms.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Diaphragm-for-Fo...QQcmdZViewItem

1 - AT50H Attenuator L-8 ohm (has three
contacts)
2 - 1/4 inch jacks (1 for in, and 1 for out) Mono

I am trying to wire it so the tweeter uses the attenuator (I think thats how
its supposed to be......correct me if I am wrong)

So how is it wired now ?

connected to the middle contact of the attenuator is a white component looks
like ceramic it says "10W 10-Ohm-J

A 10 ohm 10 watt resistor. It should go in series with the piezo tweeter (except
it's not a piezo !) but even so it may be intended to be in series with the
tweeter.

and has an HR in a diamond shape
connected to the right side contact on the Attenuator is a Yellow Component
that has the following written on it "TI 4.0J 250 VDC/160VAC"

A 4 uF capacitor. It would seem to be forming a high pass filter incombination
with the attenuator.

Why do you need a schematic ? Isn't it already wired up ?

Graham