Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] timbirr@mailcity.com is offline

Default lights fade & pop back on -- Electrical Gurus??

On Oct 5, 7:23 pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
wrote in message

If this problem is not showing up anywhere else in the house I suggest that
you take the fixture down and check your connections. You should also check
the connections at the switch. It's possible that the switch could be bad.

I was afraid of that answer LOL.

Yes, this is the only place I am aware of....To me it seems as if
after the light has been on for awhile that it finally goes away,
telling me that "heat" may make it disappear, which may mean heat
causes expansion, a loose wire that was Loose when cold then gets
enough of a seal when hot....

Anyway, I know very little about electricity, so I am just making some
very wild guesses here. So, guess next step is to pull down light,
check the wire nuts, etc.

If all good, check the switch...sigh....

I'll keep everyone posted on the results...