Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Leaving a drill battery in charger

DerbyDad03 wrote in
oups.com:

On 5 Oct, 19:38, Jim Yanik wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote
roups.com:

On 5 Oct, 11:02, ransley wrote:
On Oct 5, 9:50 am, Jim Yanik wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote
roups.com:

On 5 Oct, 04:12, wrote:
I have one of those cordless drills that has a 24 volt
battery. I was wondering what would happen if I unplugged the
charger from the wall, and left the battery in it. Will the
charger discharge the battery if I dont pull it out of the
charger?

Also, someone gave me an 18 volt drill that has the identical
looking battery, except the battery is an 18 volt, not a 24.
That drill did work when he gave it to me, but his charger
died, and he just bought a new drill. Can I plug that 18V
battery in the 24V charger or will I damage the battery? It
does fit into the hole on the charger. I dont think 6 volts
is that much different, but it may be for the battery.

GMU

Here's a thought: Call the manufacturer and give them the
model number of the charger and batteries. I'll bet they know
the answer to both questions.

they might even have the manuals online. RTFM.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

- A question like that might get you nowhere as phone reps are
directed
- to sell products, tech support or a repair facility might get you
the
- real answer.

What a bunch of crap.

Do you really think that if I call DeWalt Customer Service and ask
them which batteries their model DW9116 charger will safely handle
they're going to try to sell me something? At a minimum they are
going to transfer me to tech support or an on-line manual. At best
they will get the information themselves and give it to me.

Here, try it: 1-800-4-DEWALT

Let us know what they try to sell you.

IMO,one should check for an online service support site BEFORE
phoning them. It aint that hard these days.Heck,you're already online
making these posts.Instead,some would rather have others do their
research for them.

Also,READ any manual you have at home,first.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

-- IMO, one should check for an online service support site BEFORE
phoning them.

Why?

Because then the guy learns to answer his own questions,and learns more
from it. You'd be surprised at all you can learn just from RTFM.

It also conserves the phone support resource for truly necessary questions
from deserving people.Checking online sources,FAQs first requires no time
from company personnel.
Aural spoken-word bandwidth is far less than even dialup.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik