Martin H. Eastburn

Default Charging a portable booster/jump pack?

Bob Paulin wrote:

GTO69RA4 wrote in article

I'll also have to open this thing up and look at the battery, since the

"12v"

output is over 20...

...which is why many knowledgeable shops refuse to have one of these in
their service truck.

When fully charged, some of these "packs" have a 30+ volt output.....

.....just imagine what that can do to some of today's fragile electronic
components....

I used to sell these when I managed a NAPA store - always to the "retail"
customer, but never to the professional. Go figure!

The unit has an output resistance high enough that when plugged in, it drops.
One wouldn't want a high current one - might come apart in the sitting compartment.
If one needed the booster, the drain would be strong.

If one was using one for a portable 12 volt supply, then that might be a real issue.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer