Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical
krw krw is offline

Default how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control?

In article ,
_ says...
James Sweet wrote:

snip

Ah crap, I didn't notice the crossposting until now, I won't keep this
thread going beyond this, I thought I was only replying to
sci.electronics.repair which is something that rarely requires air.

Not to sound trollish, but one of my pet peeves is the lack of compressed
air capability in electronics (and formerly computer) repair shops;
cleanliness is next to godliness in equipment maintenance and for shops
not to at least use compressed air to clean dirty customer gear is to me
unconscionable (when needed I would expect hot high-pressure non-ionic
detergent cleaning as well).

Static electricity and electronics don't mix, not to mention breaking
things. Using a compressor to blow out computers may do more harm
than good.

Our regional Tektronix repair depot _routinely_ hot-washed and baked
instruments that were brought in for repair.

Quite a different thing, though I wouldn't do this either, unless the
equipment was made for it.

--
Keith