Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Leaving a drill battery in charger

On 5 Oct, 11:02, ransley wrote:
On Oct 5, 9:50 am, Jim Yanik wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote roups.com:

On 5 Oct, 04:12, wrote:
I have one of those cordless drills that has a 24 volt battery. I was
wondering what would happen if I unplugged the charger from the wall,
and left the battery in it. Will the charger discharge the battery if
I dont pull it out of the charger?

Also, someone gave me an 18 volt drill that has the identical looking
battery, except the battery is an 18 volt, not a 24. That drill did
work when he gave it to me, but his charger died, and he just bought a
new drill. Can I plug that 18V battery in the 24V charger or will I
damage the battery? It does fit into the hole on the charger. I dont
think 6 volts is that much different, but it may be for the battery.

GMU

Here's a thought: Call the manufacturer and give them the model number
of the charger and batteries. I'll bet they know the answer to both
questions.

they might even have the manuals online. RTFM.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

- A question like that might get you nowhere as phone reps are
directed
- to sell products, tech support or a repair facility might get you
the
- real answer.

What a bunch of crap.

Do you really think that if I call DeWalt Customer Service and ask
them which batteries their model DW9116 charger will safely handle
they're going to try to sell me something? At a minimum they are going
to transfer me to tech support or an on-line manual. At best they will
get the information themselves and give it to me.

Here, try it: 1-800-4-DEWALT

Let us know what they try to sell you.