Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Hanging a heavy mirror on a plaster board wall

"Paul" wrote in message
ups.com...
SWMBO has purchased a 4'X3' oak-framed mirror and wants it to hang on
a plaster board wall. It weighs 20Kg.
The mirror has two mounting brackets on the back which I would
describe as a rectangular steel plate screwed to the back of the
mirror with a D-shaped 'buckle' hanging off it (apologies, can't find
it on Screwfix site to get its proper name). Can I put two large
screws with spring toggles, or similar, into the wall and just suspend
the mirror off those?

thanks,
Paul.

Get a 3/4" masonary bit and drill right through into the back brick as far
as possible with bit with the fixing dimensions of mirror hanging points
marked out.
Get some 3/4" dowling and cut it to the depth of the hole so that it lies
flush with plasterboard and hammer the dowling into the holes so that it IS
flush with plasterboard.

put screws into dowling and hang mirror