Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] GMU@oink.com is offline

Default Leaving a drill battery in charger

I have one of those cordless drills that has a 24 volt battery. I was
wondering what would happen if I unplugged the charger from the wall,
and left the battery in it. Will the charger discharge the battery if
I dont pull it out of the charger?

Also, someone gave me an 18 volt drill that has the identical looking
battery, except the battery is an 18 volt, not a 24. That drill did
work when he gave it to me, but his charger died, and he just bought a
new drill. Can I plug that 18V battery in the 24V charger or will I
damage the battery? It does fit into the hole on the charger. I dont
think 6 volts is that much different, but it may be for the battery.

GMU