Posted to alt.home.repair
sirmopalot sirmopalot is offline

Default snapper riding mower. need to remove differential.

I appreciate the posts so far. When I flip it over and turn one
wheel, the opposite wheel turns the opposite direction. When turning
the wheels the same direction (like normal) it will rotate the disc a
little and then slip. makes kind of like metal rubbing on metal..
maybe chain on metal.. then it will catch again. Maybe a stretched
chain? As far as it being in forward gear position the clutch(?) makes
full contact with the drive disc.. Thanks again for your help!