Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control?

According to James Sweet :

[ ... ]

Either way unless you already have the
compressor as I did, an electric tool is far cheaper and is not tethered to
a big heavy noisy piece of equipment.

The big and heavy I would agree with for any compressor
adequate to drive a die grinder, but *noisy*? It may be that you have
the wrong air compressor. The oilless ones tend to be *very* noisy, but
the oil wetted ones, with a belt drive from the motor to the compressor
tends to be very quiet in comparison. Yes, there are bursts of chugging
from time to time, but no problem from my point of view at least. I
would not have one of the oilless ones in my shop.

As for heavy -- I just installed a reel fed hose on the ceiling
to allow me to reach any place in the shop where I am likely to need
air. Someday, I will probably plumb it for drops near each likely place
of use.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564