Posted to alt.home.repair
sirmopalot sirmopalot is offline

Default snapper riding mower. need to remove differential.

Hello. I have a Snapper riding lawn mower. Engine is rear mounted.
Recently the mower stopped moving and it is because the differential
slips in forward. (It works in reverse). I can't figure out how to
remove the rear axle. But I need to so I can see what is wrong. Like
if it is a stripped gear etc.. I've taken the cover off the gear boxes
and haven't seen anything obvious.. I think it might be something I
can't get to without dismanteling the whole thing. I've seen a
rebuild kit online for 75 bucks, but I want to make sure I can do it
first! Thanks for any suggestions!