Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default How to remove a padlock?!

on 10/4/2007 10:55 AM Toller said the following:
I bought a boat and trailer last spring. Yesterday I was checking the tire
pressure before taking the boat out for the winter when I realized the spare
tire was padlocked on and I don't have a key. That could be embarrassing.

It is a laminated steel padlock. Do I beat it with a sledge hammer until it
gives way. saw it with a sawsall and metal blade, or must I use a hacksaw?
Any other suggestions? (don't have boltcutters...)

Check with the local police department or fire department. They have
bolt cutters.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY