Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default rough sawn quarter sawn white oak

Charlie Self wrote:
On Oct 1, 7:06 am, foster239 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy some 4/4 or 5/4 kiln dried and rough
sawn, quarter sawn white oak, in the vicinity, i.e. about a 100mile
radius, of Lynchburg, VA. I would probably need several hundred
board feet. Thanks

Come on over to Bedford County and drive some of the back roads. When
you see a sawmill, stop and ask. Some sell to everyone, some don't.
Some have only red oak, others do only pine or tulip poplar or....

You can pretty much the same in any local county, including Campbell
and Amherst if you want to go in that direction.

And if you want kiln- rather than air-dried or green, there is a large
mill (sorry, don't recall the name any longer) in Buena Vista...