Posted to rec.woodworking

Default rough sawn quarter sawn white oak

Does anyone know where I can buy some 4/4 or 5/4 kiln dried and rough
sawn, quarter sawn white oak, in the vicinity, i.e. about a 100mile
radius, of Lynchburg, VA. I would probably need several hundred
board feet. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
DLB DLB is offline

On Oct 1, 7:06 am, foster239 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy some 4/4 or 5/4 kiln dried and rough
sawn, quarter sawn white oak, in the vicinity, i.e. about a 100mile
radius, of Lynchburg, VA. I would probably need several hundred
board feet. Thanks

Try:

http://www.woodfinder.com or http://www.woodplanet.com/

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
DLB DLB is offline

On Oct 1, 7:06 am, foster239 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy some 4/4 or 5/4 kiln dried and rough
sawn, quarter sawn white oak, in the vicinity, i.e. about a 100mile
radius, of Lynchburg, VA. I would probably need several hundred
board feet. Thanks

I forgot, there was a similar discussion a few days ago with some
possibilities:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...31b9160?hl=en#

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 1, 7:06 am, foster239 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy some 4/4 or 5/4 kiln dried and rough
sawn, quarter sawn white oak, in the vicinity, i.e. about a 100mile
radius, of Lynchburg, VA. I would probably need several hundred
board feet. Thanks

Come on over to Bedford County and drive some of the back roads. When
you see a sawmill, stop and ask. Some sell to everyone, some don't.
Some have only red oak, others do only pine or tulip poplar or....

You can pretty much the same in any local county, including Campbell
and Amherst if you want to go in that direction.

Good luck.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 1, 7:52 am, DLB wrote:
On Oct 1, 7:06 am, foster239 wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy some 4/4 or 5/4 kiln dried and rough
sawn, quarter sawn white oak, in the vicinity, i.e. about a 100mile
radius, of Lynchburg, VA. I would probably need several hundred
board feet. Thanks

I forgot, there was a similar discussion a few days ago with some
possibilities:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...rm/thread/becf...

Dave

The DC area is outside his 100 mile radius, for which we're both
thankful. DC is nearly 200 miles north-north east from my front door,
and L'burg is about 30 miles east.

Posted to rec.woodworking
DLB DLB is offline

On Oct 2, 8:25 am, Charlie Self wrote:
On Oct 1, 7:52 am, DLB wrote:

On Oct 1, 7:06 am, foster239 wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy some 4/4 or 5/4 kiln dried and rough
sawn, quarter sawn white oak, in the vicinity, i.e. about a 100mile
radius, of Lynchburg, VA. I would probably need several hundred
board feet. Thanks

I forgot, there was a similar discussion a few days ago with some
possibilities:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...rm/thread/becf...

Dave

The DC area is outside his 100 mile radius, for which we're both
thankful. DC is nearly 200 miles north-north east from my front door,
and L'burg is about 30 miles east.

Sorry about that. I read Lynchburg and thought Leesburg.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Charlie Self wrote:
On Oct 1, 7:06 am, foster239 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy some 4/4 or 5/4 kiln dried and rough
sawn, quarter sawn white oak, in the vicinity, i.e. about a 100mile
radius, of Lynchburg, VA. I would probably need several hundred
board feet. Thanks

Come on over to Bedford County and drive some of the back roads. When
you see a sawmill, stop and ask. Some sell to everyone, some don't.
Some have only red oak, others do only pine or tulip poplar or....

You can pretty much the same in any local county, including Campbell
and Amherst if you want to go in that direction.

And if you want kiln- rather than air-dried or green, there is a large
mill (sorry, don't recall the name any longer) in Buena Vista...