Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Measuring power consumption of immersion heater?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Also, as commented at the time, the Aldi power meter does not look like
it understand power factors. So lightly loaded switched mode supplies
(which often exhibit very poor power factors) could over-read
significantly.

Have you seen the Aldi power meter?
It actually seems quite sophisticated,
certainly more so than the Maplin meter (which I have also used).
Eg the manual is difficult to follow ...

I saw the one that someone linked to a little while back (can't follow
the link now since they seem to have removed the special offer) - that
one looked fairly basic and did not mention an ability to measure the
power factor. Yours may be better - or the advert may have left out a
bunch of features.

--
Cheers,

John.