Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default filling holes from drywall anchors after removing them

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

RickH wrote:
On Oct 2, 2:04 am, wrote:
I live in an apartment where I must remove all of the drywall
anchors before moving out.
Is there a product designed to fill these larger holes (around 1/8")
rather than just using plain spackle (which may not effectively fill
them?

Spackle it with 2 or 3 coats is the right way, forget the toothpaste
(I think single women moving out of apartments thought of that one).
3 inch taping knife should be fine.

Actually I saw the suggestion on a TV home decorating program. The
host of the show, however, did go on about the right color shoes to
wear during the remodel. He used words that I think are colors (taupe,
puce, teal, etc.), so I'm not sure of his gender... You may be right.

so I'm not sure of his gender...

Play it safe. Refer to as "shim".