Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Want small security camera for internal security

"G Wood" wrote in
:

I trust this posting isn't entirely off-topic. If anybody knows of a
better venue, I'd apprecaite the feedback...

I have a remote cabin that has been robbed by persons unknown (but
suspected to be meth-heads well known in the area). Law enforcement
is stretched thin, so proving the identity of the perps will be
impossible.

What I would like to find is a battery powered nanny-cam or similar
camera that I can conceal in a smoke detector shell. The trick is
that I'd like the cam to simply capture a few minutes (or even snaps)
of the viewing area and store images to a flash drive. I can't wire
the output to a PC or similar storage device.

In addition, I'd want the camera to be motion activated, or triggered
by a simple means that I could set up if a forced entry is made. The
intent is to simply get a pictorial record of an illegal entry.

Any ideas where I can find products like this? I haven't been able to
find anything that combines motion activated and storing info to a
flash drive.

Cheers
Gary

I've seen stand-alone digital cameras made for hunters to use in the
woods;they even have IR flashes to work under low light conditions and not
alert the prey.I've seen local sporting goods newspaper ads for them.
they strap to trees,are battery-powered.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik