Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB

John Larkin wrote:
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 00:00:26 GMT, Joerg

A lot of layout is common-sense and it gets violated a lot. Why on earth
everyone thinks right angle looks more cool that round traces I will
never understand. And then the stuff breaks.

Do you think a right-angle trace is more likely to break than a curve
or bevel? I can't see why.

A long time ago, the board houses used to warn against right angle traces
because with a solder plate resist they would over etch on the inside of
the right angle. Now days the pitches are so fine that everyone is using
organic resists, for etching, and the insides of right angles under etch
if anything, so it really shouldn't matter.

-Chuck