Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Want small security camera for internal security

G Wood wrote:

I trust this posting isn't entirely off-topic. If anybody knows of a better
venue, I'd apprecaite the feedback...

I have a remote cabin that has been robbed by persons unknown (but suspected
to be meth-heads well known in the area). Law enforcement is stretched
thin, so proving the identity of the perps will be impossible.

What I would like to find is a battery powered nanny-cam or similar camera
that I can conceal in a smoke detector shell. The trick is that I'd like
the cam to simply capture a few minutes (or even snaps) of the viewing area
and store images to a flash drive. I can't wire the output to a PC or
similar storage device.

In addition, I'd want the camera to be motion activated, or triggered by a
simple means that I could set up if a forced entry is made. The intent is
to simply get a pictorial record of an illegal entry.

Any ideas where I can find products like this? I haven't been able to find
anything that combines motion activated and storing info to a flash drive.

Cheers
Gary

Try FRYS.com #: 4995941

FEATURES

Motion activated covert camera with SD memory
Catch suspicious behavior in the act with easy plug & play installation
Automatically record images onto SD Memory card (not included) upon
motion
A new generation time-lapse recorder with motion trigger
Can use a rechargeable (recommended) or standard9V battery or mains
power