Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert11 Robert11 is offline

Default Andersen Windows Problem: Breeze Still Coming Thru

Hello:

Have just had a few Andersen Series 400 double hung tilt-wash Woodwright
replacement windows installed.

As far as I could tell by watching, the Contractor "seemed" to do a quite
good job installing them. Lots of care caulking, etc.

However, there is still a breeze coming thru on all of them, somewhere,
around them.

Just about impossible to tell exactly from where, though.

Was wondering:

- have any of you folks had similar problems like this ?

- e.g., might it be due to the fact that there is a distinct gap where the
bottom window fits into its frame (I'm not sure of the exact terminology),
undoubtedly to allow the window to easily tilt without scraping. All the
windows like this that I've seen at HD also have this gap.

However, there seems to be a good "baffle" and some kind of labyrinth vinyl
weatherstripping behind the gap.

Am asking, as I'd sure like to learn what might be the problem, any similar
history of this kind of thing happening, etc., prior to calling the
contractor back and making a big fuss.

Any thoughts on would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob