Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT- Pickup Truck Drawer System

On 3 Oct, 11:24, Ralph wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On 3 Oct, 08:15, Smitty Two wrote:
In article om,

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 3, 12:34 am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"J." wrote:
I do own a pickup and once built a wooden version of the Jobbox for the
bed.
Moisture will be a problem. DAMHIKT.
Security/theft issues aside, which others have already raised, you don't
want to leave good gack in those drawers for any length of time because
it will rust unless you live in someplace like Arizona.
Honestly, from the look of those photos, I'd expect to see a good inch
or two of water in those drawers after a good rainstorm, or after 3
inches of snow melts.
J.
-- So park the truck in the garage. You're not going to go out on jobs
while it's raining anyway.
The drawer system is not for "jobs". Ever gone fishing or camping?
Well, going out to work or going out fishing, it's all the same. You're
gonna put the stuff in the back of the truck and either you keep it dry
somehow or you don't. With regard to rain, I don't see the drawers
themselves as the issue. I've seen several homemade drawer systems used
by contractors, and they always looked like a good idea to me, to keep
things organized and somewhat protected.- Hide quoted text -

That sounds like a complete reversal of your earlier comment. Let's
reconstruct the logic...

J said: "I'd expect to see a good inch or two of water in those
drawers"

To which you responded: "So park the truck in the garage. You're not
going to go out on jobs while it's raining anyway." (To me, that
sounds like you agree the drawers should not be out in the rain.)

I countered with: "Ever go camping?"

To which, in part, your replied "With regard to rain, I don't see the
drawers themselves as the issue"

So why would you suggest parking the truck in the garage when it
rains?

Congratulations, It only took 35 posts to get an argument going!- Hide quoted text -

This is not an argument. This is a discussion. Arguments are down the
hall.

BTW do you want to have just one argument, or were you thinking of
taking a course?
It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a
course of ten.