Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sealer to use on different surfaces?

In article om,
Mark wrote:
My flat has one of those PVC (plastic?) front doors set into the (old)
wooden frame. Although it's all pretty secure, there are cracks/gaps
which were probably created when the new door was put in, but never
rectified.

Is there any widely-available sealant I can use to cover these up - i.e.
something that will adhere well to PVC/wood/paint?

Silicone is the common one which will adhere to virtually anything but of
course won't take paint. So unless you can find a suitable self coloured
one - it comes in clear, white, black, brown - you'd best use a
polyurethane sealer.

Here's a reasonably priced source if you can't find it locally - but check
for postage costs before buying.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSTIK--POLYURETHANE-SEALANT_W0QQitemZ320164185017QQcmdZViewItem

--
*(over a sketch of the titanic) "The boat sank - get over it

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.