Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB - X224.jpg

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 06:32:55 -0400, Chuck Harris
wrote:

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Chuck Harris" wrote in message

Then the boards get clamped firmly to a copper cathode bar, and
get inserted into the copper plating tank. Because the metal doesn't
like to plate into holes, you need to use an excessively high current
density, and high agitation. The tank looks like it is at a roiling
boil. The plating "rectifiers" are 0 to 6V, 300A power supplies.

In the 80's I once popped out the contents of some holes and they were like
spring coils that fit tightly in the holes. There must have been other
variations.

There were some companies that were incapable of doing plated through
construction that did that, mostly TV and appliance makers. It was
grossly unreliable.

Plated through holes on multilayer holes can look funny because the hole
drilled in the board isn't always perfectly smooth... the boards are
fiberglass laminates, after all and the plating will be an exact image
of all the nooks and crannies in the hole.

-Chuck Harris

How about these PTH's?

John

Attached Thumbnails
constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB-horror1-jpg  constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB-horror2-jpg  constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB-horror3-jpg