Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default Brushless and not dusty (brushless DC motors)

Cydrome Leader wrote:
Tim Wescott wrote:
Louis Ohland wrote:
Ever in search of the most extravagant way to do something (followed
by - They want HOW much?) I've been looking for a 1HP brushless DC
motor... Anyone have leads on such a mythical beast? There is one brand
I know of, the PowerTec, but they come big....

You may want to look by power output in watts -- it seems to me I've
seen "1kW" brushless motors, but no "1.4HP" ones.

look up "astro flight" in california. They make some pretty serious cobalt
magnet motors, brushed and brushless.

There's another US maker of high performance motors on the east coast, the
name slips my mind, but they clearly sell motors and gearboxes for RC
airplanes.

Wow. Astro 3220 Brushless Motor 4kW to 6kW
http://www.astroflight.com/store/pdffiles/3220.pdf

Windings are available for operation from 24 volts DC to 144 Volts DC
8 turns 96 volts 47 amps 750 in oz 7,500 rpm 5.6 Hp 90%