Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default OT- Pickup Truck Drawer System

"willshak" wrote in message
on 10/2/2007 1:19 PM Doug Miller said the following:
In article om,
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On 2 Oct, 11:37, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article m,
DerbyDad03

wrote:

I assume that if the bed is secured to the truck and the tailgate can
be locked in some manner, then the drawers would be both hidden and
inaccessible.

Truck tailgates are typically not lockable

Typically not lockable, or typically don't come standard with locks?

Sorry, don't come standard with locks.

Some Nissan Frontier pickups after 1998 came with locking tailgates. I
remember looking at one in the showroom and I asked the salesguy why it
had a locking tailgate if you can reach in and take anything out of the
bed. He said it wasn't to safeguard anything in the bed, it was to prevent
the theft of the tailgate.

The locking tailgate helps if you have a hard cover, some of which are still
flexible enough to be bent upward by a couple of muscular thieves.