Posted to alt.home.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Sprinkler valve problems

On Oct 2, 2:09 pm, Oren wrote:

A weak diaphragm might act like this. Debris from the meter work might
be clogging the diaphragm, also.

Maybe, but only the back yard valves seem to be having a problem.
Seems kinda strange. But then, they are a different model than the
front yard valves.

Remove the screws and clean well. You may need to locate a repair kit
(s) at the local hardware/landscape center and install them.

Visit the web site for the model you have.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Heh, the city replaced the meter because it stopped registering usage.
They called to let me know about my "problem". I dug out my last 3 or
4 bills from the city, and sure enough, there were only charges for
garbage pickup, sewer, and the base charge for water, no water usage
at all. I informed them that it wasn't an inconvenience for me at all,
but they insisted that I needed a new meter. Well, at least they
didn't invent a usage for the months that the meter wasn't
registering.

Jerry