Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default Brushless and not dusty (brushless DC motors)

Ned Simmons wrote:
On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:55:19 -0500, Louis Ohland
wrote:

Ever in search of the most extravagant way to do something (followed
by - They want HOW much?) I've been looking for a 1HP brushless DC
motor... Anyone have leads on such a mythical beast? There is one brand
I know of, the PowerTec, but they come big....

Assuming you're looking for something moderately priced and don't need
a low inertia, high performance motor, look at MCG and the Panasonic A
Series.

Bodine and Oriental Motor have a few choices as well, but I don't
believe anything as large as what you're looking for.

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/...tors_servo.htm
http://www.motioncontrolgroup.com/pr...ushless-motors

Do you need an encoder, or just the commutation feedback?

Minas As top out at 400W/100V, they do have a 750W/200V though...

Model# MA34236
http://www.motioncontrolgroup.com/pr...34236/overview

Erk, they don't really ID the AC vs DC motors too well. They do have
some 590W 80vdc rated motors...