Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default No radiator in bathroom?

On 2 Oct, 13:38, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
This video is entitled "Installing a Towel Warmer" but when I watched
the episode, Rich Trethewey kept calling it a radiator, and was in
fact replacing a floor mounted radiator with this wall mounted unit.
At the end, the home owner said "and it doubles as a towel warmer."

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/vide...639335,00.html

I guess you can use the term interchangeably as a towel warmer will radiate
heat. The question is, though, does it give off enough heat? I've stayed
in hotels in Europe where the towel warmer was the heat source in the
bathroom. Most were a grid layout of tubes.

I see your point, but this site has both towel warmers and
radiators...

A radiator being shown he

http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/Heati...tiorsindex.asp

and towel warmers be shown he

http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/Heati...armersmain.asp

What Rich was installing in place of a floor mounted radiator, and
what he kept referring to as a radiator, looks more like the Myson
radiator than the Myson towel warmers.