Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT- Pickup Truck Drawer System

Nova wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
I don't own a pickup truck so I'm curious about what truck owners
think of the drawer system built on this episode of Wasted Spaces.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ab_par...708055,00.html

It seems practical, but as a non-truck owner, I don't know what I
don't know.

My work truck came from the outfitter with something similar. It's a
great idea until the first time you try to open/close one of the drawers
and realize you have about 500 lb. of tools in the drawer.

Last month's Fine Homebuilding had a similar version as a Tip column but
the guy mounted the drawers on roller wheels and used an upper roller to
prevent the boxes from tipping as they were pulled out. This one just
sliding will get hard to pull if it isn't already once it wears a
little, for sure.