Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Good book for learning Drafting?

"Phil-In-Mich." wrote in message

3D and Isometric are similar but for the most
part in hand drawing 3D is mostly "art" IMHO. I suggest looking to learn
Isometric drawing. With 3D you have perspectives and diminishing points
of view. With Isometric drawings the far end will look as tall as the
close end of an object. Easier to dimension IMHO and easier to draw
details. The 3D is really much easier to do with a computer doing all
the work.

Leon:

Ah, I had to look that one up. Isometric, eh??
I need to look more into that. Let me see what Joe and John's
recommendation has to say on the subject.
Thanks
Phil

3D is what the draftsman uses to display a drawing to the client that needs
a lot of help visualizing. Isometric is in a format that all those involved
in the development, drawing, and manufacturing will use if they need more
than a 3 view drawing. Isometric drawings are drawn with a T-square and a
30-60-90 degree triangle with lots of parallel lines. No other angles are
used for a square or rectangular object. With 3D there are in infinite
number of angles with very very few parallel lines except for those that are
perpendicular to a horizontal plane.
Actually any decent drafting book will cover Isometric drawing.