Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default Good book for learning Drafting?

"Phil-In-Mich." wrote in message
I am looking for a book that teaches drafting for home study / self
learning.
I want to develop the skills to sketch a woodworking project. I am
thinking there must be somewhere a trade (or college) level text book on
drafting that assumes I know how to draw a 90, 45, 60 degree angles, and I
know the difference between a circle and a triangle. But will teach me to
sketch in 3-D, so all the parts can be assembled on paper before I start
to cut wood.

I know how to read a 'blueprint' and know how to take measurements from a
drawing. What I have difficulty doing is converting my rough notes into a
drawing that someone else can use.

Three-view drawings are still the best for visualizing dimension, proportion
and joinery. Cabinetmaking and Millwork, an ancient woodworking text by
Feirer, has good stuff in it.

Guess that shows my age.