Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default septic tank & coffee grounds

on 10/1/2007 9:25 AM h said the following:
"Steve Barker LT" wrote in message

what's that got to do with it? Please don't tell me they flush sanitary
products. THAT is a #1 no no.

"Rick Blaine" wrote in message
news

Which is exactly right in theory, but you have to make *some* allowances
in
practice if there are women between the ages of 12 and 60 or so in the
house.

??? You aren't saying that they flush tampons, are you? Come on, all of us
females over the age of 10 know NOT to do that.

But the trouble comes when the manufacturer says they are flushable.
http://www.playtexproductsinc.com/femcare/beyond.asp
My house has a septic system and when there are barbecues or other
gatherings, females are embarrassed to put them in the trash pail next
to the toilet. I'm almost tempted to put a sign in the guest bathroom
telling female guests to not flush them.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY