Old September 30th 07, 07:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default septic tank & coffee grounds

Is it advisable to put coffee grounds in septic tanks?

I have heard that coffee grounds do not decompose.

Thanks.

Old September 30th 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

newman wrote:
Is it advisable to put coffee grounds in septic tanks?

I have heard that coffee grounds do not decompose.

Thanks.

Who knows. But it is just plain stupid to put anything in septic or
sewer that can be thrown in trash.

Frank
Old October 1st 07, 12:23 AM posted to alt.home.repair

NO, and i agree with Frank, why would you want to?

news:[email protected]..

Old October 1st 07, 02:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"newman" wrote in message
news:[email protected]..
Is it advisable to put coffee grounds in septic tanks?

I have heard that coffee grounds do not decompose.

Thanks.

T.P. and human waste. ** Nothing** else. Yes, you have to clean the toilet
but forget about the blue or the white tablets in the water closet. That
crud is hard on the bacteria.

Old October 1st 07, 02:15 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 30, 11:44 am, "newman" wrote:
Is it advisable to put coffee grounds in septic tanks?

I have heard that coffee grounds do not decompose.

Thanks.

Why put them there? Best place is to spread them in a garden, flower
bed or compost heap. If not that, then in the trash.

Harry K

Old October 1st 07, 03:26 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"C & E" wrote:

T.P. and human waste. ** Nothing** else. Yes, you have to clean the toilet
but forget about the blue or the white tablets in the water closet. That
crud is hard on the bacteria.

Which is exactly right in theory, but you have to make *some* allowances in
practice if there are women between the ages of 12 and 60 or so in the house.

Having just installed an $18K super computer controlled septic system that would
seem to be able to handle a minor metropolis and having survived some rather
graphic negotiations with the SO, dropping a few bucks every year or two to get
the waste tank pumped out seems a fair trade...

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

Old October 1st 07, 06:49 AM posted to alt.home.repair

You can't go wrong with the original approach:

If it's not turds, shower water, urine, or dishwater, put it in the trash.

Septic is for septic, trash is for trash.

Simple, really.

Steve

Old October 1st 07, 02:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair

h wrote:

You aren't saying that they flush tampons, are you? Come on, all of us
females over the age of 10 know NOT to do that.

Not the applicator, but yes, the used tampon... Not a high volume item of
course.

Old October 1st 07, 02:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 1, 9:33 am, Rick Blaine wrote:
h wrote:
You aren't saying that they flush tampons, are you? Come on, all of us
females over the age of 10 know NOT to do that.

Not the applicator, but yes, the used tampon... Not a high volume item of
course.

?! I can't tell you what a bad idea that is. Someone has to learn a
new behavior pattern, that's all.

As far as the coffee grounds, like another posted, toss the grounds in
the garden - plants love the stuff.

No Septic Tank? Steve B Home Repair 29 June 19th 07 09:09 PM
Kew hobby V coffee grounds, no contest! ;-) T i m UK diy 11 March 28th 06 12:18 AM
Help - septic tank ( or not?) howardsend UK diy 23 March 16th 06 06:02 PM
coffee grounds? rick pixley Woodturning 35 August 16th 05 02:55 AM