Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default floor tiles problem

martin wrote:
I recently had some dark blue Marley tiles laid in my kitchen (the
label on the box the contractor left said they were 'semi-flexible').

Today I noticed a few thin white lines on them. The only thing I'd
ever dragged over the floor was a polythene mop-bucket, which I
thought was far too soft to scratch them, so I thought these lines
must be something I could clean off.

So I tried to remove the lines with a mop and Flash liquid, and when
this didn't work, I rubbed them with the sort of plastic scouring
sponge you use for non-stick pans. I thought that since it was
plastic
on plastic, it couldn't do any harm.

Now the floor has lots of large pale patches that I can only assume
must be thousands of tiny scratches made by this scouring sponge.

Is there any way I can polish them off? I've only had this floor for
few weeks and I'd hate to think I've messed it up for good.

Marley's own site has nothing about floor tiles, so anything anyone
here can suggest would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Martin

I know nothing about your tiles, but did a quick google search and found
this:
http://www.marleyfloors.com/floors/s.../documents.asp

For the one type that I checked, the instructions for maint. are very
specific, bold type. I think that your fine scratches will disappear
when you put on some sort of coating (according to instr. for your type
of tile, of course). The one I checked was also specific about not
letting water stand .. damp mop so's it dried in 15 sec. Seems rather
odd for vinyl. Good luck.