Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Using #14 wire on a 20A if plugged in

In article . com, " wrote:
On Oct 1, 6:47?am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
Here's a puzzler......

I put a permanent wall fan in my barn at the eaves. [...] I did not hard

wire
to the outlet, I just put a grounded plug on the end of the romex and
plugged it in to the outlet.[...]
My question is whether using #14 wires is up to code, when it's not
hard wired?

Yes. The Code basically stops at the receptacle. (This is an
oversimplification, but it gets the point across.)

the fire hazard is the same,,,,,,,,,,, bard fires are nasty..

WHAT fire hazard?

--
Regards,