Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Stupid Google

wrote:

I typed into google search
"stop kinking your hose"

There were no hits, but google said
"Did you mean: "stop drinking your house" .

Have YOU ever drank your house?

Damn, Google seems to get more retarded every day.

Alvin, by referring to Google as stupid and retarded, you are
upgrading its actual social value.

What I was searching for is a special device that connects to the end
of a garden hose for "us farmers" who have to kink the end of the hose
as we fill the buckets for our animals. I have never found another
way to do it. Nozzles spray too much and restrict the flow so it
takes forever to fill a tank. Those little inline shutoff devices
also cause the water to spray, and they too restrict the flow because
they reduce a 1/2" 5/8" (or any other size) hose to 1/4" in that
fitting.

It seems to me they do make some sort of special end that screws onto
a hose, and is INTENDED to be kinked. I know that kinking a regular
hose wrecks the hose in short order, but I do it daily because I dont
know any other way.

I have a device similar to what you want, but on a much
smaller scale for thin wall 3/8" tubing. You can see one at
www.snipurl.com/1rl8m
Note: the first character is the number one and the third
character is a lower case L.

The catalog to which I've referred is for homebrewers and
they call it a "hose clamp". They may be able to refer
you to the manufacturer.

Dick