Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stupid Google

I typed into google search
"stop kinking your hose"

There were no hits, but google said
"Did you mean: "stop drinking your house" .

Have YOU ever drank your house?

Damn, Google seems to get more retarded every day.

What I was searching for is a special device that connects to the end
of a garden hose for "us farmers" who have to kink the end of the hose
as we fill the buckets for our animals. I have never found another
way to do it. Nozzles spray too much and restrict the flow so it
takes forever to fill a tank. Those little inline shutoff devices
also cause the water to spray, and they too restrict the flow because
they reduce a 1/2" 5/8" (or any other size) hose to 1/4" in that
fitting.

It seems to me they do make some sort of special end that screws onto
a hose, and is INTENDED to be kinked. I know that kinking a regular
hose wrecks the hose in short order, but I do it daily because I dont
know any other way.

I see google is of no help (as usual).

Alvin

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I typed into google search
"stop kinking your hose"

There were no hits, but google said
"Did you mean: "stop drinking your house" .

Have YOU ever drank your house?

Damn, Google seems to get more retarded every day.

Alvin, by referring to Google as stupid and retarded, you are
upgrading its actual social value.

What I was searching for is a special device that connects to the end
of a garden hose for "us farmers" who have to kink the end of the hose
as we fill the buckets for our animals. I have never found another
way to do it. Nozzles spray too much and restrict the flow so it
takes forever to fill a tank. Those little inline shutoff devices
also cause the water to spray, and they too restrict the flow because
they reduce a 1/2" 5/8" (or any other size) hose to 1/4" in that
fitting.

It seems to me they do make some sort of special end that screws onto
a hose, and is INTENDED to be kinked. I know that kinking a regular
hose wrecks the hose in short order, but I do it daily because I dont
know any other way.

I have a device similar to what you want, but on a much
smaller scale for thin wall 3/8" tubing. You can see one at
www.snipurl.com/1rl8m
Note: the first character is the number one and the third
character is a lower case L.

The catalog to which I've referred is for homebrewers and
they call it a "hose clamp". They may be able to refer
you to the manufacturer.

Dick
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 1, 3:11 am, "dadiOH" wrote:
wrote:
It seems to me they do make some sort of special end that screws
onto a hose, and is INTENDED to be kinked. I know that kinking a
regular hose wrecks the hose in short order, but I do it daily
because I dont know any other way.

I've known a couple of kinky ladies - and I'm grateful - but nothing
for kinky hose; however, you could stick in a nipple and screw on a
faucet.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

That is a very simple fix for the problem. Female 3/4" hose to npt
adapter, 1/4" turn ball valve. Takes nothing but a quick touch to
turn it off/on. Total cost should be under $10

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 1, 3:11 am, "dadiOH" wrote:
wrote:
It seems to me they do make some sort of special end that screws
onto a hose, and is INTENDED to be kinked. I know that kinking a
regular hose wrecks the hose in short order, but I do it daily
because I dont know any other way.

I've known a couple of kinky ladies - and I'm grateful - but nothing
for kinky hose; however, you could stick in a nipple and screw on a
faucet.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

That is a very simple fix for the problem. Female 3/4" hose to npt
adapter, 1/4" turn ball valve. Takes nothing but a quick touch to
turn it off/on. Total cost should be under $10

Harry K

Harry's suggestion is the most cost effective and the commercial offerings
in the various links provided are very ergonomic but at twice the price.
Decide what you can live with and you problem is solved. Enjoy.
Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 1, 3:11 am, "dadiOH" wrote:
wrote:
It seems to me they do make some sort of special end that screws
onto a hose, and is INTENDED to be kinked. I know that kinking a
regular hose wrecks the hose in short order, but I do it daily
because I dont know any other way.

I've known a couple of kinky ladies - and I'm grateful - but nothing
for kinky hose; however, you could stick in a nipple and screw on a
faucet.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

That is a very simple fix for the problem. Female 3/4" hose to npt
adapter, 1/4" turn ball valve. Takes nothing but a quick touch to
turn it off/on. Total cost should be under $10

Or, one of those hose shutoff valves, and a 3 foot length of hose on the output
of it to get rid of the spray problem.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 1, 11:40 am, "Bob F" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Oct 1, 3:11 am, "dadiOH" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Bob- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, even cheaper (a buck or two) but he already rejected them due to
the flow restriction.

Harry K