Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Horrible smell in Downstairs bathroom

on 9/30/2007 6:17 PM Meat Plow said the following:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:50:23 +0000, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"chattydani22" wrote in message
ups.com...

Today I went downstairs and noticed that the bathroom down there had a
horrible smell. Like a sewage smell. We dont use the bathroom as we
noticed a year ago that the toliet leaked and the basment isn't
finished. We have been dumping the dehumidifer water down the sink
drain.
What could be causing this smell????

Turds

Dump some water down the toilet also as the trap is dried out.

Toilets have a trap? Is this something new?

The trap is built into the toilet, not the waste line.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY