Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

Default GLS lightbulb storage

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
Derek Geldard writes:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:25:09 +0100, Owain
wrote:
I thought that seatbelts were blamed for shifting road accident
fatalities from passengers to pedestrians?

And for "Risk Compensation" .

Drivers think they are asbestos and drive round like Valkyries.

I've got this theory that if toy cars (matchbox cars in my day)
were made of aluminium foil, kids might grow up with a little
more appreciation of how fragile real cars are.

Alternative theories are
1) all car body/chassis units should be made of toughened glass - with a
yard brush in every boot; anything above the slightest collision leaves you
with a pile of glass, engine and electrics that you can just sweep into the
gutter.

2) every steering wheel should have a 15 inch steel spike pointing towards
the heart of the driver - 'just to keep your attention on the task in hand!"