Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default re-solder leaking joint?

In article ,
Vass wrote:
OK, so if I have an "iffy" joint, whats the best way to try to ensure
its good enough?

I've used active flux on it (after heating with torch) then fed solder
into the joint looks ok from the outside, but who knows Is there a
better way? (all joints were Yorkshires)

First it's a complete waste of money buying yorkshires if you're going to
add solder. Use plain end feed instead - not only are they much cheaper
but they look better too.

If everything was clean, you used a decent flux, the solder flowed and
you didn't move anything before it set the joint will be perfect. But to
convince yourself make up one using scrap pipe and take it apart
afterwards - you'll find the mating parts perfectly tinned.

The only fault I've ever had was a pinhole on an elbow. Which could
happen as easily on any type of joint.

--
*OK, so what's the speed of dark? *

Dave Plowman London SW